Monday, June 20, 2011

Starting Over - Tips for losing weight.

Today I have decided to rededicate myself to Weight Watchers with a whole new way of thinking, this isn't a diet, it's a way of life, a way to stay healthy! After watching my weight go up and down every week since I stopped tracking and before I got sick (which I think really just gave me an excuse to stop caring) I am deciding to set new goals and not worry about how I have messed up in past weeks. After looking back over all of the weeks since I have started, I see even though it's only a little I am still on the losing side! I still haven't went back up to my original starting weight. So I am starting with a new mind set, setting new goals and this time I will be successful! :)



My New Goals and TIPS for anyone trying to lose weight:

1. TRACK EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY....even if I go over!


2. Remember 1 bad day doesn't mean give up.....tomorrow is a new day and you don't have to give up when you mess up!


3. Work on smaller goals....don't worry about the "OVERALL" goal at first. Setting smaller goals and reaching them will help boost your confidence and help your weight lose progress. Think about goals such as 5% of your starting weight as your first goal, 10% of your starting weight as your second goal, then go from there.


4. Exercise 30-45 minutes 3 times a week. Create an exercise goal and stick to it! Whether it is walking your driveway, playing the wii, or going to a gym create a routine and stick to it!


5. Unless it is a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc) don't "splurge" (food wise-going out to eat) until you have reached your first goal. After you have reached your first goal reward yourself with something your really enjoy (it could be a night out with friends that you avoid because of all the calories, an extra large blizzard, or a trip to your favorite restaurant).


6. Ask for help from the people around you! Don't hide the fact that you are trying to lose weight! The people around you are your support system! A friend, a spouse, a family member can be your accountability partner and help you make the right decisions when it comes to eating and exercising! It might surprise you, someone you are close to may even be struggling with the same thing and may be relieved to have someone else working toward the same thing!


Remember every day is a new day, a chance for a new beginning, start today!!! Don't wait for tomorrow because what I have learned tomorrow will NEVER come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment